MEL WHEELER, Inc. in Roanoke/Lynchburg, Virginia, requests your assistance in identifying
and locating individuals who may be interested in the following position(s)
now available with our company.
Resumes can be submitted online below, or mailed to:
Mel Wheeler, Inc.
3934 Electric Road
Roanoke, Virginia 24018
Primary Duties Include:
- Handling Commercial and program production for clients using Lynchburg Studio.
- Assisting in development of News stories and News reports for air
- Promotional co-ordination assisting station promotion director(s) and/or sales reps with Lynchburg area promotional appearances by Wheeler stations including delivery of any prizes given away which would be picked up or sent from Lynchburg office
- Coverage of office assisting any visitors/clients
- Assist Roanoke office on barter reconciliation/program affidavits
- Assisting with sound bites and show prep for morning show as assigned
- News Fill-In for Vacation and sick day relief
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Commercial production skills
- Writing and recording of News stories
- Ability to run board and other essential broadcasting equipment
- Work successfully with other colleagues
- Maintain a professional appearance and attitude
- Build relationships with clients
- Familiarity with social media and online content management
- Participate in live appearances and events
- Host and execute morning news on fill-in basis
- Accuracy, clarity and consistency
- Open to direction and feedback
Job Qualifications and Requirements
- Computer experience; board operating and producing spots and program segments
- Coordination of vacation time with other staff members
- Good computer skills and attention to detail
Position would include on-air, promotions, and some imaging responsibilities. Candidates should have good production and on-air skills. Experience in the Urban A/C format proffered, plus skills and talents for promotions and imaging.
Primary duties include:
- Development and coordination of on-air and off-air promotions
- Supervision of promotions personnel
- Coordination of live events
- Weekly contest preparation
- On-air shift
- Imaging to include daily production
- Social media / web experience
Good writing, interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills are necessary to succeed.
WLNI Sales Representative
Mel Wheeler Inc. has an opening for a Sales Representative on our staff for WLNI – Lynchburg, VA.
We are seeking a person who can excel at new business development and serving existing advertising clients. Candidates must be highly motivated with a strong work ethic, and the utmost in integrity. In addition to the skills and talents to do the job, the successful candidate should contribute to making the company a positive place to work for all staff members.
• Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excel at prospecting, new business development and relationship building
• Have the ability to make in-person sales calls
• Do well at selling concepts to advertising decision makers
• Have good computer skills
Sales or Media Sales experience is preferred. Candidates must have: a high school diploma or equivalent, ability to drive, and a driver’s license with a good driving record.
Forward your resume to:
Cheryl Skinner, HR Director
email@example.com OR fill out the form below and click on “Apply Now” below
Your credentials will be reviewed and will will contact you if there is an appropriate match with an open position. Due to the volume of applications received for each job posting a personal response to each applicant is not possible. Your application and/or resume will be maintained in our files for at least one year and you will be considered for any future openings.
MEL WHEELER, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in the hiring, training or promotion of employees by reason of race, religion, sex, national origin, age or handicap. We are engaged in a continuing affirmative action effort to seek our prospective applicants for employment with our company. We earnestly solicit your assistance in obtaining employees and request that you refer prospective applications to our EEO Coordinator at the address above.